Wednesday, November 20, 2013

'Stuck'-on Netflix

Jon and I just watched a movie via Netflix 'Stuck'. If you are someone who is curious about adoption in any way, this documentary is incredibly informative, and well made. There were so many times that our eyes welled up with tears. To see the numbers, the statistics, the ever growing amount of children in orphanages is overwhelming. Overwhelming to the point that everybody-you-me-we all must do something. You can adopt internationally. You can adopt locally. You can give the gift of a safe and loving home to a foster child. You can advocate for an adopting family financially. You can pray fervently for your heart and others to see that this-"And anyone who welcomes a little child like this on my behalf is welcoming me. Matthew 18:5- is not just an idea, it is a literal calling from Christ. May we be a people of action, rooted out of a deep love for Him.
As I sit here and write, my two daughters are upstairs tucked snug in their beds. And my child, the one that Christ has chosen for our family, is across the world. And the more I feel completely out of control, the more I learn to rely on Him.
Please continue to pray for smoothness in the process, and peace for our little one!

Blessings,
The Pattersons



No comments:

Post a Comment