Monday, July 16, 2012

The rumor is true!

So...it's true. There is going to be another little Patterson. But this time it is a little different. Nope, I am not pregnant...we are adopting...from Ethiopia. I am beyond thrilled. This longing in my heart to adopt, even in childhood, is finally a reality! I am such a blessed woman to have such an amazing man beside me. He feels the longing in his heart too.  And so here is the beginning, of another journey (probably a long one!) together with Christ.
You may think we are crazy, I think you're right. We are. If you asked me a year ago about adoption, I would have said 'yes, one day'. And the one day seemed far away, like maybe 5-10 years. But a few months ago I could not get it out of my head. Day and night, it was all I could think about. And when I brought it up to Jon, his heart was open...and we prayed...a lot.
The truth is right now, I don't know if it is perfect timing..? I mean life is busy. Audrey (3) and Norah (1 1/2) my days are full and wild. My house is unorganized, I loose my patience (often), I spend my days 'keeping up' just to do it all over again the next day. BUT when I have time, I think of how good God has been to me. He has been so good, to me, so undeserving. So is there really a better time? I know that we have enough for another. We have the space. We have the food. We have the clothing. We have the laughter. We have the love for another. So I cannot ignore the voice calling with 'right now is not really good timing God'.
Because it is. God's timing is perfect...and His love is enough.





1 comment:

  1. Just cried reading this post. I am so excited for your family and for this special little one that will know what it is to be loved completely. I am so proud of you and Jon and this choice to adopt one of God's beloved.

    ReplyDelete