Sunday, August 4, 2013

What's next?

So, we are in the clear! Our fingerprints have been passed! Our paper chase is SO CLOSE to being done. Sometimes being this close, but not yet there, is the hardest part. We are extremely anxious to be in the actual 'waiting stage', where there is nothing left for us to do...except wait and pray!

Because our home study took longer then expected, there are some papers that I have to have re done. We even have to get another physical (Jon and I both), they are only good for a year, and seeing as though we got one right in the beginning of our adoption journey we are required to each get another one. WOMP. But, happily, they can get us both in by August 20th. Which means I am planning on having every other piece of paper in it's place and ready to go and when we get the sign of on our physicals, that's it...IT IS GOING!(first to Lifeline, for last checks and translation, then to Ethiopia!)


I have a confession to make:
Lately, I have been consumed with youtube. Every night, I find myself watching Ethiopian adoption videos. I could watch them forever.
I cry a lot.
I try to imagine what it will be like to actually live that moment of meeting them and holding them. 
 ...I cannot wait for the day!


Please continue to pray for us:
-the paper to END! (I don't know what I am going to do with myself once it's gone!)
-fundraising efforts
-our child. For their heart to be preparing for this change ahead.




No comments:

Post a Comment